How does this whole selling process work, anyway?
Selling your house is one of the most complex financial processes you’re likely to undertake. We at KamaHomes know that the seeds to the harvest of a successful sale are planted long before the house is live on the market, which is why we start with a conversation about goals and why you’re considering selling. With 30+ years of proven expertise and exceptional results, we will help navigate how to leverage your house to get you the result you’re looking for.
House selling timeline
A little primer of what to expect...
AT THE BEGINNING (1-14 DAYS DEPENDING ON YOUR WORK LIST)
- Introduction meeting with KamaHomes, preferably at your home.
- Establish goals for your sale (the what, when and why that will help us serve you)
- Identify the profile of the most likely buyer(s) for your home.
- Establish price range, on-market date, create a work-list that will maximize your goals.
- KamaHomes will send you an authorization to operate on your behalf and represent you, then will get started on your tailored marketing process.
- You will receive an emailed “seller net sheet” which will demonstrate several sale price outcomes, how that can affect your bottom line and discuss the probability of each outcome.
- The rest of the KamaHomes Team will see the house and help with the final touches in the last few days before the market date. A final price is decided at this time, too.
WHEN YOUR HOME IS LISTED
- Depending on current market conditions, KamaHomes will hold a daytime open house for brokers and their clients on the first Tuesday after the day your property hits the market.
- You will receive regular, weekly updates from KamaHomes about showings and competing market activity that could affect a potential sale. Selling YOUR home is our team’s full time job.
- Keep the house in show-worthy condition, ready at a moment’s notice to allow agents and their buyers to view the property. And trust us, the day you have a sick child or family in town will be when the most showings will occur!
- Marketing of your house will be updated and altered, highlighting different features as time goes on. This occurs as a natural by-product of market conditions and careful consideration of feedback from other agents and their clients who have seen your home.
WHEN AN OFFER IS RECEIVED
- Our office will contact you immediately when an offer arrives and will coordinate an offer deadline or align with your schedule for reviewing the offer.
- KamaHomes will coach you as we negotiate a successful sale that brings you the closest to the goals agreed upon at the beginning of our relationship.
- There may be several days between when an offer is presented to you and when there is agreement between you and the buyer on the contract terms. Rest assured, we will coach you using the strength of our combined real estate experience to achieve your goals and dreams.
AFTER CONTRACT AGREEMENT (APPROXIMATELY 10 DAYS)
- After the initial sale terms have been agreed upon, the buyer begins the process of inspecting the home (a general inspection, sewer line scope and perhaps an oil tank scan and radon test).
- The buyer’s agent will write a repair addendum if there are conditions or terms to address.
- On a case by case basis, it is possible to negotiate ANY repair addendum.
- Once inspection contingency is removed, the buyer’s lender orders a property appraisal and you can schedule movers!
JUST BEFORE CLOSING
- The title company will have your sale paperwork drawn up for you; you can sign even a week before closing if it works better for your schedule. Compared with buying, it’s a fairly painless process—about 30 minutes and you are done!
- Closing or “recording”: A new deed is written and title transferred via the title company to the buyer. The next business day after closing, MONEY shows up in your bank account!
Escrow and Title Questions
We’re here to answer general questions around Title and Escrow and will put you in touch with your escrow officer, who is the expert on your specific situation and will be able to answer all of your escrow and title questions in detail.
KamaHomes also has exclusive access to a notary public and offers this service complimentary to our clients.